Saturday, September 7, 2013

Thunder storms and healthy Chocolate chip, oatmeal, peanut butter cookies with variations

Vegan MOFO Day 7

     Today is a lazy day thanks to our summer thunder storm. I am grateful because we so need the rain plus I just love thunder storms. Hubby in the recliner, one dog at my feet (she hates thunder) and one kitty in the Window  I thought, why not make cookies?
      I have been making this recipe for years. I got it off veg-web or some site so long ago I forget where. I myself like making them with raisins, but my other half is a chocoholic. So just for him he get chocolate chips, but I told him next time I am making raisins. The solution, divide the dough in half and then mix in each others goodies.
     I have listed below the regular batch recipe and my smaller batch recipe, which I use most often. Fewer cookies keeps me from getting out of control. You can double this batch by doubling all the measurements except the salt and baking soda. I have also modified it by taking out the fat and  substituting applesauce without any complaints from my hubby. In fact he doesn't even know. Oh, I have also made these without the addition of any chips, raisins, or nuts and added cinnamon to them and they are just as tasty. I have also used almond butter and cashew butter with great results. I use a large or small cookie scoop to form these.



 Chocolate chip oatmeal peanut butter cookies half batch
(makes 6 large or 12 small)

Wet ingredients
2 1/2 Tablespoon peanut butter
2 1/2 Tablespoons non dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 heaping Tablespoon of applesauce
1/2 cup of sugar

Dry Ingredients
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt

Optional ingredients
1/4 cup of one or two of the following: raisins, chocolate chips, carob chips, nuts, seeds, or other dried fruit

Mix wet ingredients together, with a sifter over the wet ingredient bowl sift the flour and baking soda into the wet. Then add oats and salt. Once mixed you can add any of the optional ingredients you want to use.

Scoop out on to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on your oven. Let cool 5 min before removing from baking sheet. Enjoy


 Chocolate chip oatmeal peanut butter cookies full batch
(makes 12 large or 24 small)

Wet ingredients
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup  non dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 heaping Tablespoon of applesauce
1 cup of sugar

Dry Ingredients
1 cup quick oats
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt

Optional ingredients
1/2 cup of one or two of the following: raisins, chocolate chips, carob chips, nuts, seeds, or other dried fruit

Mix wet ingredients together, with a sifter over the wet ingredient bowl sift the flour and baking soda into the wet. Then add oats and salt. Once mixed you can add any of the optional ingredients you want to use.

Scoop out on to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on your oven. 

With that I wish you a great day and I am headed back to my thunder storm and fur kids

Patches enjoying the thunder storm


 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment