Sunday, September 8, 2013

Instant Pot and Creamy Risotto Spanish Rice Success

Vegan Mofo Day 8

     Happy Sunday everyone! This is a perfect meal for Sundays.  I was blessed with an Instant Pot pressure cooker for my birthday. I wondered if I could throw together something fast and yummy. Hmm,  lets see if I can make quick Spanish rice. I love that it has a saute mode. Only one pot for everything. I am sure that this can be made in a rice cooker and you can probably cut this recipe in half. It makes a ton of rice. I just shared with my sister and her family. So so happy they like Spanish rice. My sweetheart does not like it and I have no clue why not.







Instant pot Creamy Risotto Spanish Rice
½ a medium onion, diced
½ cup green bell pepper, diced
2 small cloves of garlic, minced of finely chopped
1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained juice reserved
½ cup of red salsa
1 ½ tsp of curry powder
1 tsp  of chili powder
1 “chicken” flavored bouillon cube
Broth or water your choice
2 cups long grain brown rice

Turn on instant pot to the sauté option. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper along with a bit of water or broth and sauté until the onion is translucent and bell pepper is tender. While this is sauteing drain your canned diced tomatoes reserving the juice.  Add the diced tomatoes, salsa, curry powder, chili powder and rice, sautéing another minute or so. Add your bouillon cube and rice. Stir well to blend everything together.  Combine your reserved tomato juice with broth or water to make 4 cups of liquid. Pour into your instant pot and stir. Put the top on your instant pot and switch to manual mode setting time for 15 minutes. Let the temperature cool down on its own. 




 Ready get set... GO for Vegan MOFO week 2









No comments:

Post a Comment