Friday, September 13, 2013

Home made bouillion powders

Vegan MOFO Day 13

     Happy Friday the 13th everyone. No worries, no superstition,  no bad days here. My hubby was born on the 13th. He has had birthdays on Friday the 13, graduations on Friday the 13, which in our eyes makes today a good day for us. How about for y'all? 
     Back to the business of homemade vegan bouillon. I have been making "chicken" flavored for years thanks to Bryanna Clark Grogan's great recipe. I have also used Lindsay's "No chicken Broth Powder" from her first cookbook, Happy Herbivore. But have never found a "Beef" flavored bouillon powder until now, 
Hestia's Kitchen.  
     Here is the Vegan Beef Broth Powder recipe, but go here to check out the other vegan broth powders she makes. I have not tried them all nor anything else on her site, but they sure sound good.
 Vegan Beef Broth Powder
1 Tbsp each:  potato flour and molasses powder
1 tsp each: balsamic vinegar powder and onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp each: salt, celery powder, mustard seed powder, and white pepper
2 tsp mixed herbs. Use herbs associated with beef dishes like parsley, rosemary, thyme, etc.

     I know that there are a couple strange ingredients listed, but thanks to Amazon I was able to find them for under $15.00. You say that is a lot of money, but you get enough to make hundreds of batches. I have been using the vegan flavors of the  "Better than Bouillons", but with the added  hydrolyzed soy protein, corn syrup solids, autolyzed yeast extract, canola oil, and other natural flavors.I wanted to try something better for my family. Sorry no food pictures, but check out this cute fur buddy of ours. September 22 is the first day of fall, so I decided that it is ok to put this picture up now!


No comments:

Post a Comment