Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Thanksgiving in September?

Vegan MOFO Day 4

     Cleaning out the freezer I found a package of frozen tofu. Hmm, what shall I do with it? Oh, I know, head over to Susan's site and see what I can find. Jackpot, the recipes are never ending over there and I must say I don't think I have ever been steered wrong. 

Thanksgiving Meatless Loaf that  can also be made gluten free. I did make a few changes. First I used frozen tofu, which I squeezed as much of the liquid as I could out of. I also used quick cooking oatmeal in place of the  quinoa flakes and omitted the walnuts. It did not seem brown enough after the first baking so I added an additional 10 minutes and I had a nice golden brown crispy crust. Then topped with foil for the second bake, which is about 20 minutes or until the center is firm. I had to add 15 more minutes onto that time. It seems like a long cooking time and there are a few extra steps in making it, but it is so worth it. Susan says to let it rest about 10 minutes before slicing, but many of the comments say the longer it sits the better the texture. I let mine rest about an hour. The texture was wonderful as was the flavor. I will definitely make this again. 

Thanksgiving Meatless Loaf with steak fries and fresh zuchini



Hope you are all having as much fun as I am browsing the 100's of Vegan MOFO blogs! 
Here are just 2 of my wonderful fur kids stopping by to say HI!!




No comments:

Post a Comment